On extremely rare occasions the SKY remote control can simply get confused and corrupted, which can be caused by a variety of reasons.
Should this happen, a simple reset of the remote control to its factory settings will normally correct this issue.
How do I reset my SKY+ HD Remote Control?
You can reset your SKY remote by following the steps below:
1) Remove the batteries, then press and hold down SELECT for 30 seconds.
2) Re-insert the batteries and replace the battery cover.
3) Press SKY on your SKY remote. The red light on the remote control will blink twice.
4) Press TV GUIDE to bring up your SKY Guide.
Please note that after completing the above steps it maybe necessary to re-code the remote control to operate the television (please see below).
How do I program my SKY+ HD Remote Control?
1) You will need to know the setup code for your TV.
2) Press TV on your SKY remote, then, hold down SELECT and the RED BUTTON until the red light at the top of the remote blinks twice.
3) Enter your four digit code and press SELECT. Your SKY remote should now be able to control your TV.